Third Base After School Program
Third Base is an afterschool program available to elementary age children in Kanawha County Schools enrolled in kindergarten through fifth grades. All children must be enrolled and approved before attending.
During Third Base, children will have a healthy snack and up to 30 minutes of supervised homework. The staff engage children in a variety of activities including physical activity, outside play, arts and crafts, games, pretend play and socialization.
The program begins immediately after school and children must be picked up by 5:40 p.m. (Late pick ups may be subject to fees.) Some Third Base programs serve more than one school. In those cases, students will ride a Kanawha County Schools bus from their home school to the Third Base location. A list of locations can be found under the About Us tab, as well as on the enrollment form cover page and the Family Handbook.
The information on this page is for the 2020-2021 school year. If you would like to enroll for school year 2021-2022, go to the tab labeled NEW! Third Base 2021-2022.
**You may send your completed enrollment pack by mail, email or fax. It is not necessary to pay the registration fee at this time. It will be billed to your account and due the first day your child attends.
Rates: When your enrollment has been approved and you are told your child may start the program, a $10 family registration fee will be billed to your account and payment will be due the first day your child attends. The weekly Private Pay rates for 2020-2021 will be $65 for 1 child, $90 for 2 children, $115 for 3 children. Third Base accepts CONNECT or LINK, which is assistance provided through WV DHHR.
To enroll in Third Base for 2020-2021 school year:
- Click on the link to download the fillable PDF enrollment form. Review the list of sites on the cover page to determine if your child’s school is served by a Third Base program.
- Be sure to provide complete name, physical address (no P.O. Boxes), and phone number for parents/guardians and anyone listed as an Emergency Contact and/or Authorized Pick Up Person. You also must provide the name of your child’s health insurance provider and the policy number. WV DHHR requires this information and your enrollment will not be processed without it.
- For more information about KCSCEP and our Policies and Procedures, please download the 2020-2021 Family Handbook. A hard copy of this handbook will be given to you the first week your child attends.
- You can mail, email or fax your completed form to the KCSCEP office. The fax number is 304-766-0389. (Please call to confirm receipt of fax.) The email is KCSCEP@mail.kana.k12.wv.us.
- When we receive your enrollment, we will email you to let you know we received it. This is NOT confirmation that your child has been approved to attend. You will be notified at a later date as to your enrollment status (approved or wait list). We will advise you if there is required information missing from your form that would hold up its processing so that you may correct this.
- The $10 registration fee will be billed to your account when your enrollment is approved and will be due the first day your child attends.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Please download and review the COVID -19 Policies and Guidelines, a supplement to the Family Handbook. We look forward to serving your family in 2020-2021!
*Note- On the last page, the AUP, please include the names of all the children in the family on the line that asks for the student's name.
** Note - You can sign the form digitally by clicking on the space for the signature and creating a digital signature.
Forms & Information